My list of softwear and hardware tasks is becomming shorter by the day. That is the number of new tasks added during the week is less than the tasks I finish during the weekend...
This weekend I finished the formating function and the display help function. On the hardware I changed the regulated power supply by a home build switching power supply, I've also changed the Motor on timer to 30 seconds to reduce wear on the floppies.
I've also created a task lisk on the blog's front page so it's easy to keep track of the TO DO list on the Mini85. I think it is a good idea, to keep a todo list for each project while it is running.I'll keep a list alive and maintained until a new project comes along, then I'll do a new one.
The format routine had a few details, the interrupt routine had to be changed to support the read/write operations and format operations.
Two pictures of the switching power supply, pretty standard. An LM2575-5.0 simple switcher, a RENCO 330uH inductor with IRMS 3 Amp capability (an old sample I had) and a schottky diode 1N5819 (here the diode is only capable of IRMS 1A)...
Small teeth box
1 week ago